Click on the title in this list of our railway books for more information:
- The Bodmin & Wadebridge Railway 1834-1983, Michael Messenger, £25.00 Reduced price
One of Britain's earliest steam railways; its detailed story and that of the community it served.
- Brunel's Royal Albert Bridge, John Binding, £14.00 Reduced price
Brunel's masterpiece and an icon for the south west.
- Caradon & Looe, Michael Messenger
The story of the canal, railways and mines of Caradon Hill.
- Cornwall's Railway Heritage, John Stengelhofen, £4.50
A full guide to the county's railway network, past and present.
- The Culm Valley Light Railway, Michael Messenger, £15.00
Pioneer Devon light railway, became a much loved GWR branch.
- Fayle's Tramways, Chris Legg, £16.00.
Clay Mining in Purbeck - Two Hundred Years, Six Different Gauges
- The Furzebrook Railway, Chris Legg, £18.00
Completing the story of Purbeck's clay railways
- Inclined Planes in the South West, Martin Bodman, £15.00
A well illustrated gazetteer of over 200 locations
- North Devon Clay, Michael Messenger, £18.00
Narrow gauge and light railways served the ball clay industry.
- The Pentewan Railway. by M J T Lewis, £25.00
A fully revised and extended history of Cornwall's best known narrow gauge railway.
- Plymouth's Hidden Railways, Paul Burkhalter, £16.00
A multitude of industrial railways, big and small, in and around Plymouth.
- The Redlake Tramway & China Clay Works, E. A. Wade, £8.00
Narrow gauge rails into the heart of Dartmoor
- Slate Quarry Railways of Gwynedd, Michael Messenger, £14.00
A photographic record from the 1960s and 70s of North Wales' slate quarries.
- The Snailbeach District Railways, by Andy Cuckson, £20.00
One of Britain's less well known public narrow gauge railways.
- Steam South & West, by Michael Messenger, £16.00
Photographs of the last days of British Railways Steam in the south and west.
- The Struggle for the Cornwall Railway, Hugh Howes, £14.00 Reduced price
The setbacks, failures but ultimate triumph of building Cornwall's main line.
Good books from Twelveheads since 1978