This page is an alphabetical list, in title order, of all our current books about Cornwall. Click on a title for more information.
- Bishop Rock Lighthouse, Elisabeth Stanbrook, £16.00
A heroic tribute to Victorian engineering, and still vital today.
- The Bodmin & Wadebridge Railway 1934-1983, Michael Messenger, £39.00 NEW
One of Britain's earliest steam railways; its detailed story and that of the community it served.
- Brunel's Royal Albert Bridge, John Binding, £19.50 NEW SOFT BACK EDITION
Brunel's masterpiece and an icon for the south west.
- Caradon & Looe, Michael Messenger, TEMPORARILY OUT OF PRINT
The story of the canal, railways and mines of Caradon Hill.
- Cornwall's Heritage Series titles - see below
- Godrevy Light, Charles Thomas & Jessica Mann, £18.00
The full story of this iconic structure and the art it inspired
- Hevva! Cornish Fishing in the Days of Sail, Keith Harris, £5.99 REDUCED PRICE
The lives of hard men and sturdy boats ably recounted and beautifully illustrated
- Inclined Planes in the South West, Martin Bodman, £15.00 NOW AVAILABLE
A well illustrated gazetteer of over 200 locations
- The Kalmeter Journal, Justin Brooke (translator)
£19.50 LIMITED QUANTITIES
The journal of a visit to Cornwall, Devon and Somerset in 1724-25
- Passenger Steamers of the
River Fal, Alan Kittridge, £7.00 LIMITED QUANTITIES
Local steamer fleets in the west country's largest
- Rendel's Floating Bridges, Alan Kittridge, £7.99 REDUCED PRICE
A successful alternative to a fixed bridge, Rendel's invention was used throughout the United Kingdom.
- Steamers & Ferries of the River Tamar & Three Towns District, Alan Kittridge, £15.00 REDUCED PRICE
Much loved ferry and steamer services that once crowded the waterways of Plymouth.
- The Struggle for the Cornwall Railway, Hugh Howes, £16.50 NOW AVAILABLE
The setbacks, failures but ultimate triumph of building Cornwall's main line.
- Tacky's Tugs, Captain Stephen Carter, £12.50
W J Reynolds of Torpoint had the last fleet of coal fired steam tugs in Great Britain.
- Tin Streams of
Brooke, £13.00 LIMITED QUANTITIES
A full account of one of the oldest but least known aspects of
- Cornwall's Archaeological
Johnson and Peter Rose, £4.50
- Cornwall's Bridge & Viaduct Heritage, Eric Kentley
- Cornwall's Communications
Heritage, John Moyle
- Cornwall's Geological
Heritage, Peter Stanier £4.50
- Cornwall's Industrial
Heritage, Peter Stanier
- Cornwall's Lifeboat
Heritage, Nicholas Leach, £4.50
- Cornwall's Lighthouse
- Cornwall's Maritime
Heritage, Alan Kittridge
- Cornwall's Mining
Heritage, Peter Stanier
- Cornwall's Railway
Heritage, John Stengelhofen
If what you seek is not listed here try our Out of Print list. If not there either, then we have not published it.
Good books from Twelveheads