This page is a full alphabetical list, in title order, of all our current books. We have also grouped books into subjects. Click on a subject or move down the list.
An alphabetical list of all our authors is also available.
Click on a title in this list for more information:
- Bishop Rock Lighthouse, Elisabeth Stanbrook, £6.50
A heroic tribute to Victorian engineering, and still vital today.
- The Bodmin & Wadebridge Railway 1834-1983, Michael Messenger, £39.00
One of Britain's earliest steam railways; its detailed story and that of the community it served.
- T R Brown of Bristol, Captain Stephen Carter, £12.50
A remarkable tale of a family's maritime enterprise.
- Brunel's Royal Albert Bridge, John Binding, £19.50
Brunel's masterpiece and an icon for the south west.
- Called Home : The Dartmoor Tin Miner 1860-1940, Tom Greeves, £16.00
Images and recollections of Dartmoor's high moorland tin industry.
- Caradon & Looe, Michael Messenger, £16.00
The story of the canal, railways and mines of Caradon Hill.
- Cornish Milestones, Ian Thompson, £18.50
The development of Cornwall’s roads in the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
- Cosens of Weymouth; 1918 to 1996, Richard Clammer, £20.00
The Wessex coast's principal paddle steamer operator.
- The Culm Valley Light
Michael Messenger, £15.00
Pioneer Devon light railway, became the much loved GWR Hemyock branch.
- Dartmoor's Earliest Photographs, Landscape and Place 1860-1880, by Tom Greeves, £18.00
The earliest photographic images of the Dartmoor landscape.
- Devon's Lifeboat Heritage, Nicholas Leach, £4.50
A full account and guide to this vital service.
- Douglas Head Ferry & the Port Soderick Boats, Captain Stephen Carter, £8.50
Tourist transport in the Isle of Man.
- Fayle's Tramways, Chris Legg, £16.00.
Clay Mining in Purbeck - Two Hundred Years, Six Different Gauges
- The Furzebrook Railway, Chris Legg, £18.00
Completing the story of Purbeck's clay railways
- Heritage Series titles - see below
- Hevva! Cornish Fishing in the Days of Sail, Keith Harris, £6.00
The lives of hard men and sturdy boats ably recounted and beautifully illustrated
- Inclined Planes in the South West, Martin Bodman, £15.00
A well illustrated gazetteer of over 200 locations
- Longships Lighthouse, Elisabeth Stanbrook, £6.50
The history of the iconic lighthouse, standing sentinel off the rocks of Lands End.
- Lundy Packets, Mike Tedstone, £15.00
Full account of the historic mail boats serving Lundy Island.
- North Devon Clay, Michael Messenger, £18.00
Narrow gauge and light railways served the ball clay industry.
- Paddle Steamer Kingswear Castle and the Steamers of the River Dart, Richard Clammer & Alan Kittridge, £14.00
The historic Kingswear Castle is steaming again on her home river.
- Plymouth's Hidden Railways, Paul Burkhalter, £16.00 Due October
A multitude of industrial railways, big and small, in and around Plymouth.
- Railway Ships & Packet Ports, Richard Danielson, £18.00
Britain's railway owned ferry fleets and harbours.
- The Redlake Tramway & China Clay Works, E. A. Wade, £8.00
The life and times of a Dartmoor enterprise
- Rendel's Floating Bridges, Alan Kittridge, £10.00
A successful alternative to a fixed bridge, Rendel's invention was used throughout the United Kingdom.
- Sail and Steam in the Plymouth district, by Alan Kittridge, £16.50
One hundred years of photographs of local shipping off the South Hams and east Cornwall coasts.
- Scilly's Heritage Series titles - see below
- Slate Quarry Railways of Gwynedd, Michael Messenger, £14.00
A photographic record from the 1960s and 70s of North Wales' slate quarries.
- The Snailbeach District Railways, by Andy Cuckson, £30.00 SOLD OUT
One of Britain's less well known public narrow gauge railways.
- South West Stone Quarries, by Peter Stanier, £18.00
Building stone quarries in the West of England and how they have evolved.
- Steamers & Ferries of the River Tamar & Three Towns District, Alan Kittridge, £18.00
Much loved ferry and steamer services that once crowded the waterways of Plymouth.
- The Struggle for the Cornwall Railway, Hugh Howes, £16.50
The setbacks, failures but ultimate triumph of building Cornwall's main line.
- Tacky's Tugs, Captain Stephen Carter, £12.50
W J Reynolds of Torpoint had the last fleet of coal fired steam tugs in Great Britain.
Cornwall's Heritage Books:
- Cornwall's Archaeological
Johnson and Peter Rose, £4.50
- Cornwall's Bridge & Viaduct Heritage, Eric Kentley, £4.50
- Cornwall's Communications Heritage, John Moyle
- Cornwall's Geological
Heritage, Peter Stanier £4.50
- Cornwall's Industrial Heritage, Peter Stanier
- Cornwall's Lifeboat
Heritage, Nicholas Leach £4.50
- Cornwall's Lighthouse
- Cornwall's Maritime
Heritage, Alan Kittridge
- Cornwall's Mining
Heritage, Peter Stanier
- Cornwall's Railway
Heritage, John Stengelhofen
Scilly's Heritage Books:
- Scilly's Archaeological
- Scilly's Building
Heritage, Peter Madden
- Scilly's Wildlife
Heritage, Adrian Spalding & Pat Sargent
If what you seek is not listed here try our Out of Print list. If not there either, then we have not published it.
Good books from Twelveheads since 1978